The evolution of the Internet Of Things (IoT) and the rise in industrial automation are helping provide Smart Energy Solutions that can be applied to our everyday lives and industry.
Telefonica has launched a Smart Energy Solution for companies which aims to yield a deep understanding of energy usage in any building or location and to give advice of the actions to be taken.
The smart solution allows the remote and centralised measurement, control and management of high energy consumption equipment in any installation. The service especially focuses on high consumption points such as air conditioning, heating and lighting, providing control of a whole building or set of buildings. Here is an example:
Some benefits of such a smart energy solution:
- Lower energy consumption and bill, by providing valuable information on critical points of consumption and possible improvements.
- Improved efficiency and obtain operational improvements by managing your energy infrastructure.
- Make better investment decisions based on data (return on investment).
- Centralised access to energy consumption informtion from all the infrastructures
- Reduced energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Improved energy operations due to a better knowledge of the functioning status of the facilities.
- Adapt the use of energy facilities to business needs by remote management and control of the equipment.
- Optimise the performance of the facilities by automating operations.
This service is geared to customers that have high energy consumption, especially three sectors; Industry, utilities and services (e.g. banking, hotels, retail, shopping centres). The service provides every required tool for building managers to lower energy consumption and achieve savings.